How To Find a Top Google AdWords Expert?
How To Find a Top Google Ads Expert?
Working with a Google AdWords expert will help you drive more relevant traffic to your website. An expert Google Ads agency can create ads for you that generate leads for a product or service. At the beginning of 2013, there were 19,778 Google AdWords experts who achieved Google’s AdWords certification. Since then, digital advertising has only grown in popularity and the number of AdWords experts and agencies has only increased.
With so many Google AdWords experts out there, how do you know which is the right one for you? In this article, we’re going to show you how to choose the perfect AdWords expert!
The first part of choosing a great advertiser or agency is identifying and understanding your business needs. Do you simply need help launching your first Google Ad? Are you interested in running a long term SEO campaign? Perhaps you want to create a full-scale digital advertising funnel to bring in new customers. These are the questions and ideas you should ponder when choosing your Google Ads professional. Ultimately, the cost of your project depends on the scope of your work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
You’ll then want to define the criteria for choosing your Google Ads expert. For example:
- Industry Fit – Does your Google AdWords expert understand your industry? An AdWords expert knowledgeable in your industry will understand how to help you reach your target market
- Clear Processes and Methodology – Your advertiser should have an established process for managing and maintaining your account
- Total Agency Transparency – Knowing how your advertising budget is spent on AdWords is important for maximizing your results and ROI. You should also be informed on how many times your ads appear (impressions) and how many clicks they’re receiving
- Short Term Contracts – Working on short term contracts (month to month) is ideal for your advertising. This means you can use the advertiser’s services and aren’t locked into a longer (12-24 months) contract
How To Define Google Ads Project Parameters
Now that you have a clear picture of your ideal Google Ads expert in mind, it’s time to define the project. This means providing enough detail for your Google Ads expert to know if they’re a good match for the project. An effective Google Ads campaign description will include:
- Scope of Work – It specifically defines every deliverable of the project, including ad copy, keyword research, and more
- Project Length – Your campaign description should explain whether it’s a smaller or larger project and how long it will take
- Background – This is where you’ll state the specific experience that you’re looking for in an advertiser. It can include experience in certain industries, software, and skills
- Budget – Clearly set your budget and state your preference for hourly rates vs. a fixed-price contract.
Defining your project parameters will ensure a smooth process and complete clarity during the project.
What Are The Top Key Performance Metrics In Google AdWords?
It’s important to identify your top key performance metrics so you can make sure you’re achieving your goals. In Google AdWords, the most important key performance metrics are:
- Conversion Cost – This is how much it costs you when a conversion takes place (a conversion is when someone orders a product). Conversion costs can be automatically tracked in your AdWords and Google Analytics accounts.
- Click-Through Rate (CTR) – CTR is a ratio of the clicks on your ad to the number of total users who viewed the ad. It is an important metric because it determines the rate at which your ad will be shown relative to other ads in the same campaign.
- Quality Score – Your quality score determines the price you’ll pay for your ad by evaluating whether you’ve created a strong enough message and targeted the right audience.
Are you ready to run a successful Google Ads campaign and increase your ROI? At newdgtl, we work with various clients to successfully drive relevant traffic to their website and grow their sales and leads.
What Is Google AdWords / Google Ads?
Google Ads (formerly known as Google AdWords) is a powerful digital advertising platform. It’s one of the best ways to put your product or service in front of your target audience on the internet. Google Ads work so well because they’re shown on Google’s search results. Any time someone types something into Google, they’re searching for something with specific intent. Google Ads lets you appear at the top of search results for specific keywords based on a bid you place. This means you can put yourself directly in front of someone who is looking for your product or service.
A Google Ads expert can help you with the crucial components of ads, including:
- Creating and launching your Google Ads
- Search engine optimization
- Writing ad copy
- Market research and analytics
What Is The Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Process?
Google AdWords experts use search engine marketing for its effectiveness and cost competitiveness. SEM is used to achieve the highest placement on search engine results where people are more likely to click on an ad. Advertising usually lets you pay for an ad’s placement, but SEM is a more streamlined process. It uses a pay-per-click (PPC) —also called cost-per-click (CPC) — process that charges you every time your ad is clicked. PPC advertising is based on an auction and ranking system to determine where ads appear and in what order.
Your ad placement with PPC advertising is determined by two factors. These are the maximum that an advertiser bids for a placement, and the quality score of the advertisement.
Since search engines aim to deliver exactly what a searcher is looking for, SEM campaigns must be well-targeted to be effective. Creating an effective SEM campaign depends on:
- Understanding the needs of your target audience
- Setting specific goals and milestones for your campaign
- Choosing the right keywords to target
- Organizing the keywords into focused campaigns and ad groups
- Writing compelling advertisements that drive clicks
- Driving traffic to a relevant landing page that is optimized to convert
Managing an SEM campaign can be challenging. It requires constant testing, tweaking, optimization, and learning to figure out what makes it work best. Some businesses will often hire freelancers through sites such as Upwork to manage their workload. This lets them tailor multiple campaigns to different target audiences in a manageable way.
Keywords are one of the most important components of digital advertising. They are the words or phrases that people type into search engines when looking for your product or service. When SEM experts perform keyword research, they identify keywords relevant to your business that are most profitable for your marketing campaigns. Keywords will directly impact your different promotional campaigns, such as:
- Search engine marketing (SEM) – Keywords determine how and where your advertising dollars will be spent
- Search engine optimization (SEO) – Keywords are crucial for SEO and influence the traffic going to your website. They impact your on-page optimization from the URLs, titles, and tags you use on your website
- Content Marketing – Keywords help shape the content that you create for your customers such as blogs, ebooks, and social media content.
Google Ads Campaign Structure
Properly structuring your Google Ads campaign is extremely important for its optimization. A Google AdWords expert will organize your keywords into keyword groupings. These are keywords that are closely related to a particular product, service, audience, or searcher intent. These keyword groupings are important because they determine when, and in which position, your ad will appear in search results.
Keyword groupings also play a role in determining your quality score. They influence how search engines determine the relevance between a keyword, ad, and webpage the ad directs people to. “Quality Score is primarily a measure of relevance, and improving keyword Quality Score is a matter of structuring your PPC campaigns into small, well-organized, tightly knit groups of keywords,” said WordStream, a leading software company for online marketing.
You need someone who can effectively organize this information.
The first steps to performing proper keyword research are often internal. Consider your business, market research, and the most visited pages on your website. To get started on keyword research, you should ask yourself the following questions:
- What are the most logical keywords related to your brand—like the industry, type of product or service, or profession?
- What terms do people typically use to find your website?
- What are your customers looking for?
Your next steps will be to:
- Check the popularity of the word on your list
- Expand your list with other related keywords
- Cut any keywords that aren’t likely to perform well
It should now be clear how important it is to find a Google AdWords expert to help you launch and run successful campaigns. A crucial component of the success of PPC ads are keywords, which a true expert will be able to research, identify, and group together. At New Digital Agency, we’re proud to be an expert Google AdWords agency that can help you launch successful campaigns.
Check out the following topics to digital marketing:
- 5 Reasons to Advertise with Google Ads
- SEO vs Google AdWords: Which One Is Better?
- 11 Mistakes in Real Estate Lead Generation to Avoid