Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising helps businesses increase traffic and attract leads and customers fast. However, when PPC campaigns are poorly optimized, they become a waste of time, money, and resources. This can be especially detrimental to small businesses running on a limited budget.
Luckily, anyone can take advantage of this marketing strategy even with a small amount of money. To make the most of PPC, here are some ways to promote your business as cost-effectively as possible:
1. Focus on Your Popular Products
Many small businesses just starting out with PPC often feel overwhelmed by the project. If you find yourself in the same situation and don’t know where to start, focus on showcasing your most popular products.
While this may sound counterintuitive since you will spend money promoting your bestsellers, it helps your business because it shows more people what they’re missing out on. It also lets you reach out to prospects with items that will surely make the sale. Additionally, it keeps your budget low and increases your chances of increasing your conversion rate.
2. Create Different Campaigns for Various Networks
You can publish your ads on the Search Network or the Display Network. Displaying ads on the Search Network means they are placed at the very top of the screen. These ads are usually seen when users make Google searches. Ads on the Display Network often show up as banners on business blogs. They are found on AdSense-enabled websites.
Since both networks address different advertising goals, you have to use the right one that works for your business. Pick the Search Network when reaching buyers in the late stage of the sales funnel. On the other hand, choose the Display Network when targeting the prospects’ awareness stage of the buyers’ cycle. It’s also advisable to create separate campaigns for those two networks.
If your budget for ads is really limited, place them only on the Search Network. This usually delivers a good return on your investment and where you are more likely to increase your conversion rate.
3. Increase Your Quality Score
An Ad’s cost-per-click (CPC) is an important factor that determines the cost and quality of your ads. This is measured by the advertisement and associated keywords you use through Google’s Quality Score. To earn a high Quality Score, focus on these three key areas:
- Landing Page Experience: Your landing page must be user-friendly. To provide an exceptional user experience, avoid keyword stuffing and use a good design on your landing page.
- Ad Relevance: Your ads must be highly relevant to what the users are searching for. Improve your ads’ relevance score by matching search queries with relevant keywords.
- Click-Through-Rate (CTR): This refers to the number of users who click on your ads upon seeing them. Create a stronger call-to-action (CTA), place it strategically on your website, and write a more compelling copy to improve your CTR. This helps people clicking on your ads to seamlessly work their way down your sales funnel
Don’t let a limited budget hinder you from maximizing your PPC campaigns’ performance. When these listed strategies are done correctly, even a small budget can deliver a good return on your investment and even create a new revenue stream. If you need further help making the most of PPC advertising, partner with a digital marketing agency.