Whether you are already a long-serving company or a beginner in home improvement services, knowing where and how to develop a social media presence could be challenging for business owners.
Social media is beneficial when boosting your google search rankings, having an easy way to communicate with clients, and providing a human voice for your brand. The effective use of social media is common knowledge. What you need to know is how to get started.
This article will focus on essential tips to help home improvement companies, beginner or not, get their social media strategy started.
1. Identify Your Target Audience
Even if you have minimal time and resources to focus on content, you want them to speak directly to the audience you want to reach. Choosing a suitable social media platform can be the best way to capture your audience’s attention and turn them into customers.
2. Choose the Social Media Platform That Will Suit Your Business
Knowing the network that is best for your audience is not enough. That is why it is essential to cross-check which social media platforms are best for your business.
Below are suggested social media platforms for home improvement companies:
- Instagram – Instagram is a platform that focuses on photography, which is incredibly beneficial for home improvement companies.
- Pinterest- Pinterest could also be an excellent platform to showcase high-quality photographs of your work.
- Facebook – Although Facebook has a wide range of users, it could be as impactful as Pinterest and Instagram if you are mainly building for older homeowners or found the right group for the demographic you want to target.
3. Social Media Handle Should Be Consistent
Social media platforms require a handle or a name for your social media account or page in layman’s terms.
If you are planning to engage in multiple social media platforms, you must think of the handle you will use. Once you choose a handle on one platform, it should be the same one you use on the other platforms. Also, consistency will drive you a long way towards making your business known to the internet.
4. Develop a Strategy for Your Business
An excellent strategy to start if you do not have enough budget is to start a blog to make your audience aware of your home improvement business. Blogging once per week is essential since it informs your audience that your business is active. Blogging is also helpful in making your business more popular.
5. Produce a Well-Balanced Content Mix
Your target audience should not become bored of receiving or reading your advertisements. That is why a well-balanced mix of content is essential. It will help if you share evergreen content that refreshes the minds of your audiences.
Social media is undeniably helpful for almost all types of businesses. It is significant not to ignore this fact. That is why getting started with a social media strategy will help boost your home improvement business in terms of sales, popularity, and google search rankings.
If you need some help on social media marketing in Toronto, New Digital Marketing Agency can be the perfect partner for you. We offer businesses in the area much-needed support for local SEO, Facebook ads, Google ads, and other digital marketing strategies. Book a discovery call to see what else we can offer you.