In Google Ads, impressions are the number of times your ad has been shown on a page. Impressions are important because they help you gauge how often your ad is being seen by potential customers. If you’re not getting many impressions, it may be time to reconsider your ad strategy.
Increase Your Keyword Bids
Your keyword bid is how much you’re willing to pay for each click on your ad. The higher your keyword bid, the more likely your ad is to be shown. If you have a low keyword bid, your ad may not be shown as often, which can lead to fewer impressions.
To get more impressions, try increasing your keyword bid. You may also want to consider adding more keywords to your ad campaign. This will help you reach a wider audience and get more impressions.
Avoid Targeting Niche Keywords
When you target niche keywords, you may get a lot of impressions, but you will likely have a low click-through rate. This is because people who search for niche keywords are usually looking for something specific and are unlikely to click on an ad.
Instead, try to target more general keywords. This will help you reach a wider audience and get more clicks.
Monitor Your Click-Through Rate
Your click-through rate is an important metric to track. This is the percentage of people who see your ad and click on it. A high click-through rate means that your ad is relevant and interesting to people.
If your click-through rate is low, it means that people are not interested in your ad. You may want to consider changing your ad or targeting different keywords.
Don’t Phrase Match with Negatives
Phrase matching is a powerful option for increasing your ad’s reach. However, if you’re using this option, you should not use negative keywords. Negative keywords are words that you add to your campaign to make sure your ads don’t show up when people search for them.
For example, let’s say that you’re selling shoes. You may want to add “cheap” as a negative keyword, so your ads don’t show up when people search for “cheap shoes.”
If you’re using phrase matching, your ads will still show up when people search for “cheap shoes.” This is because the word “cheap” is included in your ad.
To avoid this, you should use broad match instead of phrase match. Broad match will show your ads when people search for similar phrases, but it won’t show your ads when people search for the exact phrase that you’re targeting.
Use Ad Extensions
Ad extensions are a great way to make your ads more relevant and informative. They also give you more space to include your keywords.
There are many different types of ad extensions, but some of the most popular ones are sitelinks, callouts, and structured snippets.
Sitelinks are links to other pages on your website. They can be used to link to product pages, category pages, or any other page that you think would be relevant to someone who is looking at your ad.
Callouts are short pieces of text that you can use to highlight features of your product or service. For example, you could use a callout to highlight free shipping or a money-back guarantee.
Structured snippets are a new way to present structured data on your website in search results. They allow you to highlight specific information from your structured data in a way that is easy for users to read.
Adjust Your Ad Schedule
Ad scheduling allows you to specify when your ads should run. This can be useful if you want your ads to run at specific times of the day or week or if you want to control how often your ads are shown.
However, your current ad schedule may not be as effective as you think. In this case, you may want to revisit your ad schedule and determine a better time and frequency for showing your ad. It may also be better to simply let Google Ads decide when to show your ads.
Refine Your Targeting
Your ads should be shown to people who are most likely to engage with your business. This way, you are more likely to generate leads from your ads.
These are some targeting options that you should consider:
- Location Targeting: The people who see your ad should be in your area. Otherwise, they are not likely to become your customers.
- Demographic Targeting: The people who see your ad should match your target market. For example, if you sell products for seniors, you should target seniors.
- Interest Targeting: The people who see your ad should be interested in your products or services. For example, if you sell chicken feed, you should target people who are interested in chickens.
- Keyword Targeting: The people who see your ad should be searching for the keywords that you are bidding on. For example, if you are bidding on the keyword “plumber in Baltimore,” people who search for this keyword should see your ad.
Make Use of the Auction Insights Report
The Auction Insights Report is a great tool to see what your competition is up to. This report will show you what other companies are bidding on, what their average position is, and what their average CPC is.
Here are some things to keep an eye on:
- Auction competition: The percentage of time your ad was the only ad shown. If you have low competition, you have a higher chance of showing up on the first page of results.
- Average position: The average position of your ad.
- Top of page rate (Absolute top of page rate): The percentage of time your ad is shown at the very top of the page.
- Outranking share: The percentage of time your ad outperforms your competition.
- Overlap rate: The percentage of time you and another company were both shown.
- Position above rate: The percentage of time your ad is shown above another company’s ad.
In conclusion, The importance of getting impressions in Google Ads cannot be overstated. Impressions are the first step in getting your ad seen by potential customers, and they can have a significant impact on your ad campaign’s overall success. Make sure to track your impressions and adjust your bids accordingly to ensure that your ads are seen by as many people as possible.
Get more impressions in Google Ads with the help of the New Digital Marketing Agency. We are a Google Ads agency in Toronto that can help you convert high intent search traffic into sales, booked calls and paying clients. Our team of experts will ensure your company is perfectly positioned and ranking on page one for the most relevant search terms and phrases that actually convert. Book a call now!